PDA

View Full Version : speed change

Abstract
07-25-2008, 04:51 AM
At 7 seconds how do I achieve this illusion? is it pretty much a dimestop followed by a slow movement? thats how I been practicing this so far but im not sure if thats the correct way to practice this. I also notice some people moving at a fast pace and then out of no where they transition into a slow motion state. Any advice or tips on how to practice this?Thanks in advance.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2Me4dl_swdM

adrxone
08-01-2008, 04:30 PM
that is a really great technique to use on songs that go from like fast to slow
as in the video..

im pretty sure that it is called matrix
you just do any fast motions and transition it into slow movement
but you have to make it seem like the move you were doing slowed down

example.. walking normally and then going slow-mo walking

something like that...

test_this
08-01-2008, 10:53 PM
Not too sure, but how I do it is just a hard dimestop followed by moving at a much slower pace.

Abstract
08-03-2008, 01:50 AM
hmm alright thanks alot guys. If anyone else could provide me with anymore advice on this I'll greatly appreciate it.

blur
08-03-2008, 02:02 AM
bam bam bam straight pop shoo shoo wave gheeeet gheeet animate

TETRIS
08-03-2008, 10:00 AM
its all about timing more than how fast or how slow u go.

dimestop to speed control + perfect timing = success

Zwickel
08-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Abstract, also check the speed changes in the U-Min video and the ching a ling one.

DpauseItKMF
08-07-2008, 10:03 PM
ok
try not to practice super fast into super slo at first...ur gnna b sloppier for a longer period of time...
first get the mechanics of like a normal speed to a slowER speed...like ur about to reach for something in a desk drawer that u kno is there and when u look u slow down ur hand cuz its not there and now ur searching for it...

then when u have control over that kick up the speed differences....

Abstract
08-08-2008, 12:59 AM
thanks for the advice guys. I came around this other video and this guys speed change is sick too. around 32 seconds or something http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EGAeYzO5j0

JustBust1
08-08-2008, 02:33 AM
HAHA funny how the footage uptop was used as an example ;)

blur
08-08-2008, 11:46 PM
knowing the song and moving to the beat or sound helps. in this vid the whoo taahh....stop and slowly pivot whoo taahh..this is for the first vid..

blur
08-09-2008, 12:01 AM
second video on the bass hit he's down next one up. this guy know this song really well. he's hitting every beat..

Danis Kool
08-10-2008, 10:55 PM
Like the name suggests "Speed change".

How can there be change if there is nothing to change from?

Icon
08-11-2008, 12:54 AM
the way i see it there are 4 steps in warping, speed changes, speed shifts and speed control

normal speed - the speed shift - the crisp stop or dimestop - be in a different motion from the normal speed

Abstract
08-11-2008, 03:08 AM
Icon can you go into more detail with the 4 steps? I dont understand sorry. your tutts are hella sick by the way.

Icon
08-12-2008, 10:21 AM
in my opinion those are the steps you want to work on

step one - find a comfortable motion you want to be in

step 2 is working on the quick shift

step 3 is the the clean stop to transition which is

step 4 into a slower motion than the normal motion or you can do it faster motion if you feel like.

thanks by the way.

Carbon
10-13-2008, 04:20 PM
in that 2nd video at 2:49 to 2:55 that controlled fall to the floor
how do you do it

cleoflaptra
02-26-2009, 09:30 PM
That move is deceptively simple. All you are doing is going from a standing up position to a kneeling on the floor position. By bending back you balance your weight more on your feet than if you just went "thud" on your knees. If your going all the way down to the floor, think of spreading your weight between your knees, feet, and head (or hands, or whatever top part of you actually gets to the floor). A few things to prep for this position:

- WARM UP
- stretch your quads.
- STRETCH YOUR HIP FLEXORS (if you don't, you will hyperextend your lower back and compress your lumbar vertebrae)
- sit in the final position on the floor to make sure it is comfortable before trying to drop into it.
- DO NOT turn your feet out so that your weight is on the inside of the foot. This will fuck up your knees royally. You want to land on the top of your foot, so your feet are pointing the same way as your knees (feet pointing to right angle of knee =BAD)
- use knee pads
- practice on a futon, or with a few pillows behind you until your confident.

ABSOLUTELY DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU HAVE BAD KNEES OR A BAD BACK. If you want to continue having good knees and back, warm up and stretch thoroughly, no matter how young you are.

cleoflaptra
02-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Caveat: I've only done this in bare feet, not in shoes. But from the video, it seems to work the same way.

Engine
03-11-2009, 02:42 PM
the popper up top ,mike song im pretty sure, the way he does it in real life most of the time ive seen is basically just be moving toward a direction at a higher speed and then change quickly to a slow speed on a emphasized beat, and the trick is to keep speeds very different and at the same time keep them consistent whether u r currently slow or fast if that makes sense =\