PDA

View Full Version : how should i practice??

hotdog11
11-28-2008, 08:10 PM
how should i practice my ticking and my popping and other moves ??

can somebody help?

uBo
11-28-2008, 09:25 PM
practice daily... for an 1 or so ?

practice the fundamentals.

ItsMeChau
11-29-2008, 12:27 AM
A very simple and effective advice that I wish I had known way earlier when i first started popping:

Practice in terms of concepts rather than specific moves. With one move, that's all you have. With a concept, you can just run with it and make up a whole bunch of moves.

For example, notice how when everyone waves, they tend to trace their waves with their fingers/hands? THAT is a concept -tracing your waves. Or you can push/pull your waves, rather than simply letting it flow through you.

This approach will give you more to work with and improve you faster as a dancer overall in my opinion.

As for the specific moves (or power moves), you can and should put more time into perfecting it (timing, setting it up). Think...how can you best deliver moves with the greatest impact?

SpLeDaNG
11-29-2008, 02:20 AM
Practice and just look up clips for different concepts and mix them together. Do it even during class courses/work on break (people may stare LOL). G-luck

hotdog11
11-29-2008, 08:53 AM
A very simple and effective advice that I wish I had known way earlier when i first started popping:

Practice in terms of concepts rather than specific moves. With one move, that's all you have. With a concept, you can just run with it and make up a whole bunch of moves.

For example, notice how when everyone waves, they tend to trace their waves with their fingers/hands? THAT is a concept -tracing your waves. Or you can push/pull your waves, rather than simply letting it flow through you.

This approach will give you more to work with and improve you faster as a dancer overall in my opinion.

As for the specific moves (or power moves), you can and should put more time into perfecting it (timing, setting it up). Think...how can you best deliver moves with the greatest impact?

? wat do u mean by different concept??

hotdog11
11-30-2008, 01:27 PM
not going to tell me??

Carbon
12-01-2008, 06:21 PM
different concepts you know there are different styles of waving and tutting and such

see....
king tuts-concept
connecting-concept
finger tuts-concept

windstyle(wave)-concept
tracing(concept)-concept
even finger tracing is a concept

and i think he means

use transitions to blend those concepts...
watch david elswhere, he has blended his concepts together so well that it became a style