PDA

View Full Version : Chest pops/hits question

hellojellojw
07-15-2009, 11:25 AM
When I hit my chest, I suck in my stomach and stick my chest out. I've seen chest hits where they don't suck in the stomach. But how do you hit without sucking in the stomach? Also, chest pops make my breathing all messed up. Are you supposed to breathe normally when hitting your chest?

popitgood
07-15-2009, 02:47 PM
it still messes up my breathing every now and then, you learn to control it
basically, your hitting the muscles you use to breath in
your intercostals and diaphragm
you can also hit your lats and acctual chest muscles to add effect

buttttttt...i am talking about isolated chest hits here, for normal hits the effect is toned down because your hitting more than just the chest (ie, the back and abs)

hellojellojw
07-16-2009, 06:39 PM
it still messes up my breathing every now and then, you learn to control it
basically, your hitting the muscles you use to breath in
your intercostals and diaphragm
you can also hit your lats and acctual chest muscles to add effect

buttttttt...i am talking about isolated chest hits here, for normal hits the effect is toned down because your hitting more than just the chest (ie, the back and abs)

Ahh, I see. So, I read Invent's post on chest pops on some other thread. I think my chest pop has improved, but I feel pain in my stomach area when I consecutively do chest pops. Is this normal?

popitgood
07-17-2009, 07:26 PM
I know that exact pain your talking about.
When your hitting your whole body, make sure you hit your abs as well.
This will strengthen them and allow you to do more hits without that sharp pain popping up. And by hitting your abs it adds a great effect to your hit.

keep doing 4 counts flex, 4 counts relax, in different positions <--- very important!