PDA

View Full Version : Robotic walking help

PoppinFre5h
09-26-2009, 03:39 AM
Ive been workin on bottin dimestoppin and slow motion a lot lately, but i can not come up with anything that looks good in the way of a robot walk. nothing over the top or complicated, but everything i try looks forced and horrible. Im doing decent with the slow-mo walk, ive been trying the one where my back heel comes up before my front heel goes down (takes a lot more control and leg muscle than i originally anticipated haha). But any kind of robotic walk wher im dime stoppin or strobin... anything i try looks bad to me... any advice tips concepts or ideas? thanks!

Bdoubi
11-23-2009, 09:14 AM
any advice tips concepts or ideas? thanks!

have you tried watching actual robots walk like on youtube or anything?? watchin robot mechanics can really give you some good insight on a move or an idea that could inspire a move. isolation might clean it up a bit too

donjunior
11-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Yo bro I'm poppin Junior, if you want you can watch some of my videos on youtube.
I also do a lot of robotic movements in my dance.
So Junior Boogaloo told me last year that you can walk like you want to walk when you do robot.
The only thing is that it gots to look controled.
You can walk normal like a human but with robotic arms you know.
Peace poppin Junior

chrisoulac
12-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Ive been workin on bottin dimestoppin and slow motion a lot lately, but i can not come up with anything that looks good in the way of a robot walk. nothing over the top or complicated, but everything i try looks forced and horrible. Im doing decent with the slow-mo walk, ive been trying the one where my back heel comes up before my front heel goes down (takes a lot more control and leg muscle than i originally anticipated haha). But any kind of robotic walk wher im dime stoppin or strobin... anything i try looks bad to me... any advice tips concepts or ideas? thanks!

PoppinFre5h
12-22-2009, 05:09 AM
have you tried watching actual robots walk like on youtube or anything?? watchin robot mechanics can really give you some good insight on a move or an idea that could inspire a move. isolation might clean it up a bit too

actually.... no lol, but thats a very good idea thaks for the tip!

Yo bro I'm poppin Junior, if you want you can watch some of my videos on youtube.
I also do a lot of robotic movements in my dance.
So Junior Boogaloo told me last year that you can walk like you want to walk when you do robot.
The only thing is that it gots to look controled.
You can walk normal like a human but with robotic arms you know.
Peace poppin Junior

word thats whatsup! ive seen you bro, i dont wanna come off like a biter, but im always watchin other poppers for inspiration. good look on the tip!

Hazeelements
12-26-2009, 11:37 AM
Control your breathing too

Smooth
02-16-2010, 11:56 AM
Read Otis Funkmeyer's post about botting.

Also, flex your core muscles, it helps keep things tighter.

Also, have you tried the sliding your feet forward robot walk? It's the really old school way to do it, but its easy to pop after each slide (of the foot).