PDA

View Full Version : Are there different "styles" of hitting?

Bonesbrigade
01-16-2010, 07:26 PM
cus i notice some poppers hit differently than others..please explain and thanks.

and how do u learn to hit like madd chadd...damn..haha

popitgood
01-16-2010, 10:24 PM
well you got your down rock (hip hop feel) and up rock (funk feel). but i have created hits using up rock of my upper body and down rock of my legs. one thing is for certain, by learning more ways of hitting, you will get better at it.
anyways, i am by no means an expert on this matter, hopefully some1 else can drop their 2 cents.

RMK
01-18-2010, 12:00 PM
i think banging is the different style of hitting. It's really strong strong strong hit. Slick dogg has fucking hard hit. Check him.

Bonesbrigade
01-19-2010, 11:47 PM
i really really want to learn how to hit good..i think thats the coolest "move" in popping.i went to homeland and the owner taught me things..really opened my eyes i just thought hitting was like tensing your whole body not individual parts.

Refract
01-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Dog, I notice hitting my chest muscles effectively really creates a massive hit that makes peoples heads turn... This is how I do it:

1. Drop your shoulders sharply
2. Raise your trap muscles sharply
3. Lift up your chest as opposed to out

All that combined, done in a rapid sharp manner will create a giant hit...

p.s. - if done correctly, you might wanna hit your neck also to keep it stabilized and avoid injury...

pakelika10
01-22-2010, 10:07 PM
for a hard hit........

think about using ur biggest muscle groups.....

;)

insec7
01-12-2011, 05:58 AM
by watching many videos of battles in youtube i've noticed (maybe) that many good poppers have their own style of hitting...slow down and hit (kite?) others fast hits others some kind of vibration between hits? and so on (thats how i see it so i might be wrong)

Smooth
01-12-2011, 07:51 AM
There ARE different styles of hitting, but the difference in those styles usually has to do with the manner in which you're hitting your legs. I don't want to get into a semantics argument so i'll leave it at that.

I will say this though: If you want better hits, you need to lift weights. The more lean muscle-mass you have on your body, the stronger your hits will come out. Don't believe me? Look at any of your favorite poppers (keyword popper).

One more secret: Your back muscles.

nomsg
01-12-2011, 09:32 AM
There are different techniques that lead to different visual effects. There are forearms hit, bicep hits, tricep hit, neck hits, chest hit, abdomen hit, bop leg hit, popping leg hits, animation, and banging (although I don't really think the technique is unique, more the delivery).

A lot is in the delivery, if you look like a puppet your forearm hits will look different than if you are doing scarecrow with the same technique.

Moral of the story is get educated and learn all the techniques so you can use each when it is need in your freestyles.

Good luck!

fromthetown
01-12-2011, 10:03 AM
i really really want to learn how to hit good..i think thats the coolest "move" in popping. .

This warms my heart.

Seriously.

I'm a sucker for those gangsta hits too. Master this aspect of the dance and it's a GREAT jump off for everything else.

Good luck.

insec7
02-15-2011, 11:35 AM
could somebody explain me baby bang's hard ass hit ? ^^

Bolt3000
02-17-2011, 08:29 AM
well... I personally believe that the "hit"

is more than just a "move" in popping...

it's what makes popping, popping. lol. Without A hit of some sort, you get lost in translation.

All I can say is, you can hit with any muscle of combo of muscles in your body.

You don't have to go to the gym to hit hard, you just have to know your body well, and the dynamics of muscle combos that result in hard hits.

Lastly, just keep doin it.

In the end, the only way to get good at hitting... is hitting. Explore it. Do your thing with it. You get your own hit down.

Robotron
02-17-2011, 07:32 PM
No, you can hit with various parts of your body to dope effect but a hit is a hit.