WestCoastPoppin.com

Go Back   West Coast Poppin - Popping & Locking Online Community Forum > Dance Discussions > Popping Videos and Locking Videos

Popping Videos and Locking Videos Post Popping/Locking Videos, Review other Popping/Locking Videos, critic , give advice, etc

Old 04-13-2012, 11:16 AM

Lightbulb Wiipop finished ...ko

Ok the most nerdy thing i did in my life...and maybe even the most hackish thing ever done to popping lol

PEACE
Old 04-13-2012, 12:04 PM

This is so fucking insane, MY MIND IS BLOWN. I was a nerd way before I was a popper so I'm just going nuts over this right now.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:54 AM

Thanks bro...really glad u enjoyed it...guess there are just two
Kind of poppers: nerds and g's

Haha

Peace and thx
Old 04-15-2012, 07:37 PM

Amazing! This looks like so much fun to mess with.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:19 AM

wow well done man. that looks super dope, Hope you can sell that idea for some $$
[QUOTE in life, I do right by me and mine, all the time! ...no questions, no hesitation, just right before wrong, good before bad! and to this, I give no quota, and take only the number of prisoners that i can actually manage.[/QUOTE] BopNDre
Old 04-19-2012, 12:26 AM

It's amazing Mio. I wish you the best for your project...

Are you going to extend the idea to all styles of dance or you just want to focus on popping?
The part regarding spacing, boxes and 3D stuff could be helpful for many dancers (no matter the style).
I wonder if focus on popping is not too restrictive for the general market.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:35 PM
Lord of Length

I see the screen projection mimicking patterns following your movements being a very lucrative idea. Very cool stuff!

-TooTall
Old 04-25-2012, 01:41 AM

thank u guys...for the kind comments...working on it since 3 1/2 years it is a pleasure to see some peepz from the community finding it interesting!!! ThankS!!

@spairo: Im not sure about expending it to other dances...because of the following reasons:

a) detecting Popping is the most easiest from all the social/performative dances i know, even though its not easy. A Pop is sth. an engineer would call a discrete signal. You can measure it like "Light switch on" or "light switch off". The pop has only two states of activity: On / Off...So your body is hitting or its not...simple as that. Hence -> A continues hitting of the body across a hole track becomes from the engineering point of view -> somekind of morse code send by the body of the dancer and measured by an accelerometer.

b) In general: the human performing like a machine, helps the machine understanding the human. A machine might never recognize soul, expression and intention. But it is able to measure mechanical accuracy. Hence the Wiipop system never truelly measures the beauty of a solo...but the quality of the underlying technical tools the dancer used.

In all of the other social dances, which are somehow referred to urban dances, you dont have the necessarity of mechanical precision or discrete signals. So how can we measure if a house dancer is on beat. Which moment is he on beat. When the chest is in front / while performing a jerk? when the heel touches the flloor...or is it the moment the toe hits the floor...or the hole feet? there are well known dancers who dont jerk at all. House is just an example, but in general you can say...that there is no dance as close to contemporary machines then popping...

Further this is a pure scientific process...without any commercial intentions. Wiipop actually has nothing to do with a videogame...in engineering we sell an idea by announcing a prototype which covers all the benefits of our idea...So Wiipop is an ungoing process, trying to check how much information we can extract from the language of dance.

Thanks again for the interest...
Old 04-25-2012, 03:27 AM
POP YOUR STYLE !

Send a message via ICQ to Poppin'LION Send a message via MSN to Poppin'LION

just WOW...

GET WORK,KEEP DANCIN,KEEP HEAD,JUST DANCE